Adoption in North Carolina
Greensboro | Triad Adoption Attorneys
The adoption process can be exciting, emotional and highly stressful. Our firm’s adoption attorney helps clients navigate the state laws and regulations, and federal requirements that govern adoptions.
Our adoption attorney, Michele Smith, is well-trained and experienced in the complex area of adoption law. She has more than twenty years experience representing adoptive parents, birth parents and agencies throughout the adoption process. She has worked with our firm’s clients to facilitate:
- Agency adoptions
- Inter-agency adoptions
- Private placement adoptions
- Interstate adoptions
- Domestic re-adoptions
- International adoptions
- Step-parent adoptions
- Adult adoptions
How An Experienced Adoption Attorney Can Help
Adoption attorneys are familiar with all adoption laws and requirements, including the process of termination of parental rights and the voluntary relinquishment of parental rights. An adoption attorney also can help:
- Determine the expected costs related to an adoption, including health care and delivery costs.
- Provide unbiased explanation of the various types and methods of adoption.
- Resolve any problems that arise between birth parents and adoptive parents during the adoption process.
- Represent the clients’ interests in court, if necessary.
- Create a plan for post-adoption communication between birth parents and adoptive parents, if desired.
Adoption law protects the rights and interests of birth parents, adoptive parents and children. It is a highly technical area, with rules varying among states and countries, in the case of international adoptions. Adoption law is most efficiently and effectively practiced by those who have experience in this area. For more information on our adoption attorney services, contact Michele Smith today.
WE CAN HELP. GET STARTED HERE.
Board Certified Legal Specialists
NC Super Lawyers
AV Preeminent Lawyers