Our environmental law practice represents clients in civil, criminal and administrative proceedings involving:
- The defense of CERCLA (Superfund) claims by state and federal agencies.
- The defense and prosecution of CERCLA cost recovery actions (where one party has settled with the government, and then seeks recovery of all or part of its settlement costs from the other contributors to the site).
- Clean-up issues arising from underground storage tanks or spills of petroleum or other hazardous substances.
- Claims for personal injury and property damage resulting from mass exposure to environmental releases of hazardous materials and other substances.
Our firm’s environmental attorneys also provide counsel and advice to clients on matters pertaining to environmental due diligence in real estate purchases, leasing and financing, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and bankruptcy
How An Environmental Lawyer Can Help
Environmental law is governed by local, state and federal regulations that undergo regular scrutiny and revision. Environmental lawyers are specialists who must have a working knowledge of subjects such as energy, climate change and pollution, as well as access to scientists and others who can assist them during the research and discovery process.
Our firm works closely with our environmental law clients to handle matters regarding compliance with permits, insurance coverage and negotiations with governmental administrative agencies on environmental issues. Our attorneys have handled environmental issues in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Hazardous wastes and toxic substances
- Surface water, air and ground water contamination
- Wetland contamination
- Occupational health and related areas
Our environmental legal team seeks to work with technical experts, business owners and private parties to achieve cost-effective, innovative solutions to environmental regulatory and litigation issues. Our attorneys also represent persons injured or damaged by exposure to pollution and toxic materials.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our environmental lawyers, and to learn more about their experience in this area.